Cooking with Kuji: Natural 08 Golden Buckwheat Bowl
Inspired by Ayurvedic dietary tradition, a delicious golden curry to boost your energy level and maintain your wellbeing.
Curious about this recipe wellness secret? We added a teaspoon of powerful asafoetida, a root spice used in western herbalism to help the digestive system and promote optimal gut health.
WRITTEN BY KUJI
10 JUNE 2019
Natural 08 Golden Buckwheat Bowl
2 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp asafoetida
2 inch chunk ginger, grated on a microplane
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground turmeric
1 can coconut milk
400ml vegetable broth
3 tbsp Kuji Natural 08
3 – 4 handfuls of spinach
8 – 10 shiitake mushrooms
1 tsp coconut oil
200 gr buckwheat noodles (or noodles of choice)
1 handful of coriander leaves
2 radish, finely sliced radish (optional, to garnish)
Salt and pepper
- Warm the coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat and, when melted, add the asafoetida, grated ginger, ground cumin and turmeric. Cook for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Now add the coconut milk and vegetable broth. Bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for about 30 minutes.
- While the sauce cooks, heat 1 tsp coconut oil in a medium-size frying pan and cut the mushroom into bitesize chunks.
- When the oil is warm add the mushroom, season and stir-fry for a couple of minutes until soft. Set aside.
- When the sauce is rich and reduced, stir in the 3 tbsp of Kuji Natural 08, add the spinach and let them wilt for a few minutes. Taste for seasoning.
- Cook your noodles of choice following the packing instructions and rinse in cold water.
Place the coconut and spinach sauce in a bowl. Add the cooked noodles, mushrooms and plenty of coriander. Garnish with sliced radish and eat immediately.