Cooking with Kuji: The Natural 08 Baba Ganoush
We can’t stop eating this simple and quick reinterpretation of the Levantine iconic meze. We love it with chickpea crackers but it would also be perfect for crudités and makes a great addition to any grain bowl.
WRITTEN BY KUJI
04 JUNE 2019
The Natural 08 Baba Ganoush
4 medium aubergines
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for garnish
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 ½ tbsp tahini
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp Kuji Natural 08
¾ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / gas 4.
- Cut the aubergines in half lengthways, score on a half-inch deep chessboard pattern and season with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Place the aubergines flesh-side up on a parchment-paper-lined or foil-lined baking tray. Bake for about 40 – 50 minutes, or until completely soft.
- When the aubergines are cooked, let it cool slightly, then scrape out the flesh and to a food processor. Mix in the crushed garlic cloves, tahini, lemon juice, Kuji Natural 08, cumin and sea salt.
- Blend to a thick dip and serve immediately.
Sprinkle with za’atar, dukkah or sesame seeds.